Trainings offered for the health sector about domestic violence
Trainings offered for the health sector about domestic violence
Following links are a selection from many different trainings offered from various providers and institutions throughout Austria. This is not a complete list.
Interdisciplinary Training Offers:
- The Federal Chancellery provides information on victim support services for women affected by violence. They propose a brochure, which gives an overview about the legal situation and support services: Broschüre Frauen haben Recht(e), 7. Auflage, 2017
- Information brochure on Domestic Violence with the focus on the Violent Protection Act from Production Union (PRO-GE) of the Federal Women’s Department and the Federal Criminal Police Office
- The homepage of the Ministry of Work, Family and Youth provides information on trainings and events about violence
- The platform of Living FREE of violence – A campaign to prevent violence against women and children (GewaltfreiLeben) organises expert forums and its homepage provides information on different events and projects on Domestic Violence.
- The platform for the autonomous Austrian women shelters provides also Online Trainings as well as information on workshops, seminars and events.
- The Association of Austrian’s Women’s shelter organises specialists conference and other events with specific topics in the field of violence against women.
- The Centre of Protection against Violence offers practical adomestic violenceices how to handle with domestic violence for police, health sector and students of social work in lower Austria.
- The Institute for Violence Prevention and Conflict Management (IFGK) in Vienna offers an interdisciplinary training for “Conflict Management as well as for Prevention of Violence and Radicalisation”.
- Trainings, workshops and seminars about male specific violence
Specific Training for Social Sector:
- Seminar for Social Professionals in Tirol with the main focus on children affected by domestic violence. Children- and Youth Adomestic violenceocacy
- The Association NINLIL and KRAFTWERK offer training for employees of Women-Counselling Centres with the focus on sexual violence against women with learning difficulties
Guidelines and Trainings for Health Sector:
- Provides a Curriculum for health professionals on different aspects of (domestic) violence.
- Wiener Interventionsstelle gegen Gewalt in der Familie (2016): Gemeinsam gegen Gewalt an Frauen und häusliche Gewalt handeln. Leitfaden für Leitung und Praxis in Krankenhäusern zur Versorgung von gewaltbetroffenen PatientInnen; Publikation erstellt im Rahmen des Projektes GewaltFREI LEBEN, Autorinnen: Elisabeth Gruber und Rosa Logar mit Unterstützung von Michaela Egger, Wien. Can be ordered from: email@example.com
Guideline fort the care of women affected by violence:
- Ministry of Economics, Family and Youth (BMWFJ) (Hg.): Gesundheitliche Versorgung gewaltbetroffener Frauen. Ein Leitfaden für Krankenhaus und medizinische Praxis Wien, 2011
- Interdisciplinary Guideline for Medical Professionals: Klinisch-forensische Medizin – Interdisziplinärer Praxisleitfaden für Ärzte, Pflegekräfte, Juristen und Betreuer von Gewaltopfern”. Grassberger M., Türk E., Yen K. (Hrsg). Springer Verlag 2013
In Germany, there is no state regulation of continuing and in-service trainings for social workers. Trainings are mostly offered by various nongovernmental organisations and associations. These trainings are on a non-compulsory. There are several training academies offering training- for more detailed information.
Parent Organization of Autonomous Counselling Centres for Women
The training academy of the Parent Organization of Autonomous Counselling Centres for Women offers domestic violence related training both for professionals and volunteers e.g. on therapy and prevention tools for professionals and volunteers. Frontline responder organizations can get in-house training. The training is subject to a fee and is not compulsory for any degree. The length of this type of training is usually one working day. These trainings have a special focus on women as victims of domestic violence.
The association of Men against Male – Violence
The association of Men against Masculine – Violence offers specialist adomestic violenceice for various agencies and trainings for professionals, including schools, day care centres, youth welfare and the police, dealing with different topics related to violence in close relationships and domestic violence.
The Regional Association Westfalen-Lippe
The Regional Association Westfalen-Lippe offers training for youth welfare professionals helping children and young people who have been victims or witnesses of domestic violence. The training is focussed on victims, their rights, services, and protection. The training deals with the cooperation between various agencies, and includes information about multiple types of violence, case documentation and gender aspects. The training also discusses children as a special at-risk group and the participants are updated with the current legislation. This fee-based training is offered on occasion and is not a prerequisite to obtain a degree or a professional title in the field of social work.
Federal Working Group on Perpetrators of Domestic Violence
Federal Working Group on Perpetrators of Domestic Violence is a training institution that provides courses for domestic violence professionals working with perpetrators. This is not compulsory training in social work, but the participants get a certificate after completing the course. The topics of training cover cooperation between different agencies, risk assessment tools, case documentation, and the seriousness of violence.
The following trainings are available in addition:
Bundesarbeitsgemeinschaft Täterarbeit Häusliche Gewalt e.V.
Bundesverband Frauenberatungsstellen und Frauennotrufe Frauen gegen Gewalt e.V.
NANE Women’s Right Association provides trainings and prevention programs for professionals, offices, and institutions, covering the following areas: domestic violence, the effects of domestic violence on children, sexual harassment, sexual violence, prostitution, human trafficking, and other forms of gender-based violence and discrimination. These services are also available for interested individuals, such as public forums or youth communities.
Patent Association offers courses and trainings for attorneys, lawyers and law students, NGOs helping victims of relationship violence, and for Women’s Rights Organizations.
The following links have been selected as they propose trainings for police officers and other stakeholders (social, medical, etc.):
1 – This regional centre proposes a one-day training to improve knowledge and skills in order to welcome in good conditions victims of domestic violence
2 – The French University Paris 8, have developed a curriculum on domestic violence to be bachelor graduated
3 – The national French website “stop violence femmes” provides adomestic violenceices regarding the training of stakeholders.
Manuals prepared and/or adapted in Portugal, relevant in terms of prevention and intervention in situations of domestic violence.
Generalitat Valenciana, Consejería de Bienestar Social. Adaptação e elaboração – Comissão Nacional de Proteção de crianças e jovens em risco [CNPCRJ] (2010). Promoção e proteção dos direitos das crianças- Guia de orientações para os profissionais de educação na abordagem de situações de maus tratos ou outras situações de perigo
Generalitat Valenciana/Conselharia de proteção social /Direção geral da família, da criança e das adopções (2004). Revisão da tradução – Comissão Nacional de Proteção de crianças e jovens em risco [CNPCRJ] (2010). Promoção e proteção dos direitos das crianças- Guia de orientações para os profissionais da saúde na abordagem de situações de maus tratos ou outras situações de perigo
London Family Court Clinic (2002). Children exposed to domestic violence: a teacher’s handbook to increase understanding and improve community responses. Adaptação feita pela Comissão para a Cidadania e Igualdade de Género [CIG] (2015). Manual para os ensinos básico e secundário – crianças e jovens expostas/os à violência doméstica: conhecer e qualificar as respostas na comunidade
Portuguese Association for Victim Support has a training portal offering several activities for different groups.
- Domestic Violence: Preventing Victimization or Revictimization of Domestic Violence
Under the 1st Municipal Plan for the Prevention and Combating of Domestic Violence and Gender, coordinated by the Lisbon City Hall, and UMAR as partner entity and trainer, disseminate the training activities Domestic Violence: prevention of victimization or revictimization of it. The general objective of these training courses is to contribute to deepening the knowledge of professionals, about the violence of gender and domestic, promoting the appropriate technical skills for the intervention of the same.
For this purpose, the following programmatic contents are highlighted:
- The historical and cultural background of domestic violence and violence issues of gender;
- Epidemiological data, incidence and prevalence of domestic violence;
- Explanatory perspectives of domestic violence;
- Dynamics and processes associated with domestic violence;
- Principles of intervention: the role of different professionals, the principles regulators, the support process and the burnout;
- The law and the fight against domestic violence.
Education programmes in social and health care lack compulsory studies relating to domestic violence. Though more training is offered today, it is frequently based on student’s free choice or teacher’s personal motivation.
Free online training for professionals: Luo luottamusta – puutu väkivaltaan
- The online training programme Luo luottamusta – Puutu väkivaltaan (Create trust – Stop the violence) was created in 2019. The purpose of the online training programme is to provide participants with information about domestic violence and help them to reflect on their personal relationship and attitudes towards violence. The training is designed especially for police, social work and health care and it is free of charge.
Training for professionals by Federation of Mother and Child Homes
- Training organised by the Federation of Mother and Child Homes provides professionals practical tools that help them offer support to parents and children. Please, contact https://ensijaturvakotienliitto.fi/ to inquire available trainings.
Training for professionals by Lyömätön Linja
- Lyömätön Linja is an NGO that has over 20 years of experience of working with the perpetrators of domestic violence. Lyömätön Linja -service was launched in 1993 and it was the first Finnish domestic violence intervention programme. Miehen Linja -service launched in 2005 and is still the only programme in Finland, which is meant only for immigrant men. Lyömätön Linja offers training to students and professionals. Please, contact this NGO to inquire available trainings.